First Person View 2.1
First Person View is an asset that allows you to have a First Person Perspective where first person objects do not clip through the environment, have a separate field of view from the environment and can receive shadows from the environment.
- First Person View models don’t clip through the environment
- First Person View models receive shadows from the environment
- Independent Field-of-View between First Person View and the World View
- Ability to automatically change between World View + First Person View and World View only. (useful when the player interacts with the environment)
- Ability to assign and remove objects to/from the First Person View perspective
- Automatic Layer assignment for First Person Objects. It preserves original layers when changing the objects back to World View
- Transform a point and/or direction from First Person View to World View
First Person View 2.1 Update
- Added partial support for temporal camera effects (TAA for example)
- Fixed how the Depth Normals Texture is rendered for FPV objects
- Added support for FPV objects to cast correct shadows onto the environment
- Added support for Forward Shaders and Forward Rendering
- Removed First Person View Layer requirement. It’s no longer needed and should be done on a per project basis.
- Removed FPV V1 solution (Multi-Camera solution), because it does not work with Unity anymore. V2 is a superior version and much more efficient.
As of now, the only limitations of this system are:
- Shadows/light are still stretched on FPV objects
- Motion Vectors are partially supported. It “resets” the buffer, but in my tests i don’t see any issue. Contact me if any issues occur.
Get First Person View 2.1
Check the forums for feedback and questions: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/first-person-view-2-0-no-clipping-environment-shadow-support-and-independent-fov.356711/#post-2730899